Friday, October 15, 2010

Venison Jerky - Ground Deer Jerky

Venison Jerky - Deer Jerky

I find that a great tip for making venison or deer jerky is to make it out of ground deer meat. 

If you take your ground deer meat and pat it down into thin flat sheets and place into your dehydrator, you end up with jerky that you can actually eat and not just suck on and wish you had better teeth! 

Making jerky is not hard at all.  After patting your meat into the flat sheets, be sure to add your spices or rubs or whatever you are adding for seasoning!  I like making different batches with different types of seasonings.  For example, I use a barbque rub for barbque flavored jerky, and I use teriyaki sauce for some jerky, and I have been know to mix up some pineapple juice with brown sugar and ginger to make a sweet jerky.  Some people like to just add garlic and pepper.  Jerky seasoning is up to the individual - I try all kinds - and I know that I like my jerky made from ground venison!!!

Enjoy!!!!

Just wanted to put an update on here - I tried a new way of making jerky this year - and new seasoning.  Thought I would let everyone know about it! 

Take your ground deer meat and instead of patting it down into thin flat sheets, make thin long rolls of it.  And for seasoning, I got an idea when going through my seasonings cabinet and decided to try it.  I had several  "Chex Mix Seasoning" packets in my cabinet and used them with some soy sauce.  Those rolls of jerky were delicious!!

Enjoy!!!
Just Me - Granny D

No comments:

Post a Comment